“Arrrrrrrrrrr you ready for the next card back in Hearthstone? Could Vikings be arriving in the Nexus? And Virtual Ticket info for Blizzcon has been announced!”
Yarr! New card back finally revealed
Heroes of the Storm
– When asked about Lost Vikings, Browder said to “stay tuned”.
– No plans for Deathwing as playable hero, he’s too big. Maybe a boss on a map instead.
– We should see a patch containing one of the new heroes (Chen, Anub’Arak, Azmodan) soon. One hero should be released with each patch, and we’ll see these hero releases every 4-6 weeks.
– There wasn’t any discussion regarding a Free For All mode. New modes are something to look at next year.
– The team still needs to get Draft Mode and Ranked Mode out there.
– Draft Mode will allow you to see which map you are playing on so that you can pick the best composition for that map.
– The community should be able to do whatever they want with the game, we’re going to do all the same things we did with StarCraft;
– Replay system, observer mode, a “clean” game, and art that read well.
– Things that are good for eSports are also good for the game. They make a good game.
– If eSports takes off, the dev team will be watching and will help improve things where they can
– Ladder battleground rotation should be around 6-8 maps. Maps will be switched when new maps come out.
– The team is currently looking at the battleground rotation as being something done every ladder season, not every week like the heroes.
– Battleground seasons “every 3 to 4 months”.
– They want the game to remain accessible to a large audience while keeping depth to the game. You should still be learning new things after sinking hundreds of hours into it.
– Heroes is running on “very limited” hardware at the moment. Once the team is happy with the stability of the game, it will go into a Closed Beta and then an Open Beta.
World of Warcraft
Warlords of Draenor Beta changes
– During the 6.0 pre-patch, item upgrades will cost 50 Lesser Charms instead of Valor Points and Warforged Seals will no longer be capped.
– Leveling heirlooms now cost 400g, but prices aren’t final.
– Justice and Valor gear cost anywhere from 15g to 200g
– Warlords set tokens will work like Timeless Isle tokens.
– You can finally unsubscribe from Brewfest mail: Angry Brewfest Letter
– You will be able to swap garrison outposts at Level 100.
– If you build a profession building for a profession you know, you will get a faster daily cooldown, the highest tier recipes, and other perks.
– If you build a profession building that is for a profession you don’t know, you will still be able to have the NPCs craft all but the best things from that profession.
– Level 3 garrison blueprints will be account-wide, as they are unlocked from achievements.
– You can invite friends to your garrison to help with invasions. There are Bronze, Silver, and Gold level rewards depending on how well you repel the invasion, so having a friend help out might be useful.
– NPCs that invade your garrison can attack buildings or walls, kidnap followers, or do other things using a new AI system.
– Every week or so you will get a story quest at your garrison, somewhat like the Patch 5.1 daily quests.
– There are sixteen weeks worth of non-repeatable story quests right now, which take place in the max level areas in Draenor zones.
– The first few weeks you build up your garrison and meet some characters, then around eight weeks in the more exciting parts start.
– You should be able to do these quests with friends.
– Instead of dismissing followers, you will just deactivate them. This allows them to keep all of their experience. Reactivation has a daily cooldown and gold cost.
– Death Knights that are exalted with Knights of the Ebon Blade will be able to recruit all Death Knight guards for their garrison.
– Some of the max level areas in Draenor are group areas.
– The legendary quest has you working with Archmage Khadgar to build a legendary ring over the course of the expansion, starting at level 98. There aren’t any PvP elements or long grinds in this questline this time.
– Originally the team was going to make it really hard to get back to Azeroth after disabling the Dark Portal, but that didn’t feel fun.
– The team was working on Warlords of Draenor before Mists of Pandaria was done. They have been trying to think about the next few expansions ahead of time to make the story fit together better. They already have a really good idea of what the next expansion will be about now.
Lords of War – Pt 2
Blizzcon virtual tickets available
E: Click, click, boom!